[Spread-users] multiple spread instances in same node

Michael Peters mpeters at plusthree.com
Fri Aug 15 09:49:57 EDT 2008

Chamikara Jayalath wrote:

> /"DL_init_channel: bind error (98): Address already in use for port
> 10002, with sockaddr (0.0.0.0 <http://0.0.0.0>: 4647) probably already
> running "/

Are you running them on the same port?

> Is it possible to run several Daemon instances in the same physical node ?

I'm pretty new to spread (or at least coming back to it recently after a
hiatus) but I'm pretty sure you can multiple daemons on the same node as
long as they aren't on the same port. You might have to play around with
giving your machine multiple virtual IP addresses though.

--
Michael Peters
Plus Three, LP