[Spread-users] Spread configuration with multiple private network segments

Chan Nan channan99 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 5 23:36:48 EDT 2007

Hello,

I have three servers that I like to send messages to
each other.  Two are linux servers and the third one
is  Windows.  They're on a 2 private subnets.  They
can send messages to each other for a few minutes then
crashed.

Here's my config file.  All servers use local DNS.

Spread_Segment  192.168.10.255:4803 {
        linuxserver1
        linuxserver2
}

Spread_Segment  192.168.11.255:4803 {
        winserver
}

EventLogFile = spread_%h.log
EventTimeStamp
DaemonUser = spread
DaemonGroup = spread
SocketPortReuse = AUTO

According to the spread user guide, it mentioned using
segment for public IP so I'm not sure if private IP
segment is ok or not.

Thanks a lot...