[Spread-users] Java - connection closed while reading data

John Lister john.lister-spread at kickstone.com
Mon Oct 1 07:33:24 EDT 2007

Hi, i have a simple spread network consisting of 2 daemons and a pair of applications talking to them (via localhost).
One application sends messages to the network while the other (an application server) receives them and places them into a durable message queue to be processed later.

I'm just doing some performance tests and at about 100-200 messages a second, the received dies with an exception
"Connection closed while reading data".

I've noticed some similar messages on the forum from a few years ago... Is this still an issue or has it been resolved, is there any way of finding out what/why is causing the connection to die, i've tried to turn on debugging messages in the daemon but it is like looking or a pin in a haystack because of the amount of log messages generated.

The app server is able to "process" the messages from spread fast enough, so i don't think that is the issue.

Any hints?

Thanks

--

Got needs? Get Goblin'! - http://www.pricegoblin.co.uk/