[Spread-users] Getting Spread to run on Windows Vista

Christian Brauchler christian.brauchler at gmx.at
Mon Nov 26 13:28:47 EST 2007

Hello,

As i've seen on the homepage there's no support for Windows Vista with
Spread.
I've tried to get it to run with the binary version 4.0.0, it works with
Windows XP, but it doesn't work with Windows Vista. Neither does the
Source-Version aftter compiling it using Visual Studio 2005.

But, is there any possibility to get Spread running on Windows Vista?
I'm going to implement a replication infrastructure in C#, I want to use
spread for group communication, but it won't be a good solution if it
does not run on Windows Vista.
Thanks,

Christian