[Spread-users] Spread localhost setup

Ilya Sterin sterini at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 16:33:16 EST 2007

I'm sure this was probably covered before, but I can't seem to locate
this or search it (maybe I'm using wrong terminology for the search).

I'm developing a db replication app and for testing, need to be able
to test multiple spread nodes on localhost.  Can't seem to find any
docs on doing this.  I'm ok with either running two segments and/or
two daemons in a segment.

My current setup is that of two spread conf files, each running on
it's own port.  The hostname aliases are set up in /etc/hosts

# spread1.conf
Spread_Segment  127.0.0.255:4803 {
        spread1         127.0.0.1
        spread2         127.0.0.1
}

# spread2.conf
Spread_Segment  127.0.0.255:4903 {
        spread2         127.0.0.1
        spread1         127.0.0.1
}

I didn't get as far as testing the setup yet, wanted to get some input
on whether there is a problem with this setup and if it is, what's the
proposed setup/configuration if at all possible to achieve this.

Thanks.

Ilya Sterin