[Spread-users] Thrudb - Document Oriented Database Services

Jake Luciani jake at 3.rdrail.net
Tue Nov 6 17:11:32 EST 2007

Hi,

Yes that's correct.  Since the actual document could be extremely large it's
not sent over Spread.

Instead, a transaction container is created, the document is compressed and
stored under that transaction id in memcached and the transaction id is
sent. Memcached becomes kind of a network IPC.

Each node receives the message and pulls the document from memcached, once
all nodes are ready to process they message the transaction origionator and
and says its ready to commit or its failed.

Once all messages are recieved then the final commit message is sent
otherwise children are told to fail the transaction altogether.

also libevent is used to monitor the spread socket.

-Jake