[Spread-users] Distributed Autonomous Replication Management with Spread

Hein Meling hein.meling at uis.no
Tue Nov 6 03:43:59 EST 2007

Hello all

I would like to announce a project called DARM that we have created
which builds on/extends Spread. The project is about automatic fault
treatment (recovery from failures); that is if a replica crashes (or
gets partitioned) new replica(s) will be installed on alternative
machines to ensure a configured redundancy level is maintained without
any human intervention.

Details about the project as well as the source code can be found
here: http://darm.ux.uis.no/

With respect to DARM, we would very much like to perform more rigorous
tests with real applications/scenarios. Therefore, I wonder if there
are anyone who have an application that we could use to perform
measurements/tests on with respect to the recovery performance of
DARM. So far we have only used a simple echo application for this
purpose. (if the code is closed source, we will obviously not
distribute it or otherwise use it for other purposes than performance
evaluation.)

If you have comments, wishes or other feedback, please send them to: hein.meling at uis.no

Kind regards,

  :) Hein Meling