[Spread-users] Spread Reliability

Theo Schlossnagle jesus at omniti.com
Tue Mar 27 12:34:06 EDT 2007

On Mar 27, 2007, at 12:18 PM, Gordan Bobic wrote:

> I figured that was probably the case, due to the way the reception
> fails.
> I don't suppose there is a different Spread library for Perl?

Is it possible the perl Spread client was disconnected from the
daemon (due to not reading fast enough)?  You describe reading
succesfully up to a certain point and then always getting a nothing
back.  This is quite a bit more specific than "loosing messages" in
that it seems like you lost the stream.

The perl wrapper around the Spread library is really thin XS.  It
does no interpretive dance :-)  It doesn't much with signals in any
fashion nor does it intentionally hide return values or side effects
of the libspread API calls.

// Theo Schlossnagle
// Principal at OmniTI: http://omniti.com
// Esoteric Curio: http://www.lethargy.org/~jesus/