[Spread-users] very big lag when one spread daemon stopped

John Schultz jschultz at spreadconcepts.com
Mon Jun 11 11:11:42 EDT 2007

Sorry for the delayed response ...

Those timings do seem strange to me.  I would normally expect for there to
be one very large lag when the membership breaks and reforms and then to
immediately return to very quick delivery.

Can you explain the timings you took?  Do those numbers (e.g. - 1, 11802,
11599, etc.) represent the # of ms since the last message delivery?

Are you sure that the daemon you kill isn't restarting/recrashing?

You can turn on the MEMBERSHIP debug flag to see if the daemon is flailing
for some reason in reestablishing the membership.

The timeouts that control membership are set at the top of membership.c
In particular you might want to lower the token timeout (how quickly
broken rings are declared)

---
John Schultz
Spread Concepts