[Spread-users] Spread error -8 (Connection closed by spread)

Alaric Snell-Pym alaric at snell-pym.org.uk
Fri Aug 31 05:25:14 EDT 2007

On 30 Aug 2007, at 6:52 pm, John Robinson wrote:

> Does spuser get the error?  We have learned to watch our
> application sometimes with spuser.

Nope, spuser works fine. It's definitely something *my* app is
breaking ;-)

Watching stuff with spuser is handy, but a part of my app involves
sending out a multicast then waiting for votes to come unicast back
from the other nodes, until enough have responded to tell which way
the vote's going. Doing so requires watching membership messages to
count how many members the group has, but peeking with spuser results
in a group member that never votes - not a problem on a live setup of
6 servers, but when running it in development mode on just two,
that's enough to make it wait for a casting vote from spuser ;-)
Having a way to join a group unannounced and 'lurk' would be rather
handy for debugging!

> /jr

ABS

--