[Spread-users] trouble with spread.access_ip

Nolan Johnson n0_j0 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 6 14:09:39 EDT 2007

I'm having trouble with spread.access_ip.  Probably an easy problem, so I'm looking for quick pointers.

I'm attempting to use spread.access_ip to limit connections to the daemon to local connections only, on linux, and then attempting to connect with the Java client.

I've changed both RequiredAuthMethods and AllowedAuthMethods to be "IP".
I've created spread.access_ip, with the following contents:

unix
local

In my Java client, I try to connect:
connection.connect(null, 0, privateName, false, true);

And receive the following exception:

Exception in thread "main" spread.SpreadException: Connection attempt rejected=-9
        at spread.SpreadConnection.checkAccept(SpreadConnection.java:588)
        at spread.SpreadConnection.connect(SpreadConnection.java:891)

One thing that I'm not sure about is location of spread.access_ip - I've tried in the same directory as spread.conf, the working directory, and the same directory as the executable.

Any hints?

Thanks.