[Spread-users] Clock skew and spread

Vsevolod Vlaskin vlaskine at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 30 21:21:32 EDT 2007

Hi,

A while ago, we seemed to consistently see a similar
problem in our configuration, which was only one
Spread daemon with a number of clients all on the same
LAN on Linux. We used just FIFO ordering for all our
Spread clients.

A few times, the Spread communication failed
altogether: messages stopped being delivered (which
was quite tragic) and we noticed that our NTP service
did noticeable clock jumps at the time of failure.

We posted the question on this list, but there was no
reply. Maybe now there will be more response.

Best regards,

Vsevolod Vlaskine