[Spread-users] Clock skew and spread

John Robinson jr at vertica.com
Mon Apr 30 21:00:23 EDT 2007

We lost our T1 connection to the world for a while today, and I think
some of our servers' clocks may have drifted (no internal NTP source...).

Can this cause oddities among a subnet of spread daemons?  Do they have
to drop connections to their clients for reasons related to clock drift
amongst the host machines?  If so, is there some logging I can enable to
track this?

I think I have seen similar things happen when we try to run spread
daemons on a "cluster" under VMWare, which is known to introduce clock
issues.

thanks,
/jr