[Spread-users] Security, Authorisation and Roles in Spread

David Lloyd lloy0076 at adam.com.au
Sat Apr 28 21:55:30 EDT 2007

Hi There,

I note that the ACL/Role functions for Spread refer to this document:

* http://www.cnds.jhu.edu/pub/papers/ngc01_auth_framework.ps

 From what I can tell, the authentication method(s) implemented are not
in the main branch and alter some of the main branches code (1).

Essentially, I'm wanting to setup a message system where the message
system itself will only allow certain sender/receivers to use it and to
adjudicate which of these sender/receivers may send or receive.

If I'm reading the docs for Spread correctly, provided you can connect
to the Spread system, you can essentially join, create and hear any
messages over any channels/groups...

DSL

1) main branch means a binary such as this one:
    http://www.spread.org/download/spread-bin-4.0.0.tar.gz