[Spread-users] How to get list of connected users

Serg V. Gulko rimas at zeos.net
Sat Apr 21 17:34:42 EDT 2007

Yes, you right, I am receiving list of users... But how i can
get this list just after my first client connect?
I have service which expect some messages sends using Spread
and several clients. Problem is that I dont want to send
messages if server in down(or something like this:) ) thats why
i need list of connected users.

> Serg V. Gulko wrote:
> > Hello!
> >
> > How can I get list of connected to specified group users?
> > I am using spread as message bus between two applications
and
> > sometimes one of each parts can be unavailable. I want to
check
> > if recipient is online before sending message. Is is
possible?

> When you connect, indicate you want membership change
messages.  Every
> time you receive one, you'll have the current "user" list for
a group.
> You get one when you join a group to form your initial list.
>
> AFAIK, there is no way to query the group for membership
directly.  You
> have to indicate you want membership change messages *per
connection*,
> not per group.
>
> See http://spread.org/docs/spread_docs_4/docs/
sp_receive.html,