[Spread-users] Spread and VxWorks

John Lane Schultz jschultz at spreadconcepts.com
Mon Sep 18 15:12:53 EDT 2006

I don't know of any particular port to VxWorks, but Spread is pretty easy to
port manually if you need to do so.  If your platform supports the usual
configure/make process of unix, then I wouldn't be surprised if Spread worked
out of the box.

My knowledge on VxWorks is limited, but usually you compile for it by doing
cross compilation, correct?  In that case, I would recommend running the
configure script on the target platform if possible as our configuration script
doesn't support cross compilation very well.

If that is not possible, then you will need to hand craft your arch.h file
appropriately for your target platform.  Look at how we hand coded it for the
Win32 platform as an example.  You might also want to look at the config.h and
defines.h header files for hints.

Good luck!

--
John Schultz