[Spread-users] perl / php interface for v4?

Daniel F. Savarese dfs at savarese.org
Sat Oct 28 00:45:55 EDT 2006

In message <ehr3e0$dr1$1 at sea.gmane.org>, Robin Bowes writes:
>Will the Spread modules on CPAN work with spread v4?

If you want a Perl5 binding that will work with both Spread 3.17.3 and
Spread 4.0RC2, you may want to check out the "Sava C++/Python/Ruby/Perl
Bindings for Spread" at:
  http://www.savarese.com/software/

The bindings are SWIG-based, so it's easy to add other bindings such
as Java and PHP with the benefit that the same API is used across
different bindings.  You can look at the unit tests for usage examples.
You may find that you have to add the directory containing the .so to
your PERL5LIB environment variable to load the binding properly.

daniel

-#-#-#-#-| Sleep and The Traveller |-#-#-#-#-#-#-#- http://www.savarese.org/
In distant lands, I hear the call of my home.     #     s a v a r e s e
Yet my work is not done.  My journey's just begun.-    software research
 -- http://www.sleepandthetraveller.com/          # http://www.savarese.com/