[Spread-users] Newbie - How to create group/membership?

John Schultz jschultz at spreadconcepts.com
Mon Oct 23 22:41:38 EDT 2006

Hi Chan,

Groups and membership in Spread are created dynamically on the fly in
response to client requests.  When a client calls SP_join() on some group
name, if the group does not already exist, then it is created at that time
upon demand.  If the group already exists (i.e. - other clients have
already SP_join()'ed into that group), then the new member is added to the
group and a membership change message is delivered to all the current
members.  Similarly, if a client is in a group and then either SP_leave()s
or disconnects then the members will recieve a membership change message
that removes that client from the group.  When the last member either
SP_leave()s or disconnects from Spread, then the group ceases to exist.

Cheers!
John

---
John Schultz