[Spread-users] max length of char* inputs to SP_connect?

Matt Garman matthew.garman at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 11:17:11 EDT 2006

Just as a sanity check, can someone confirm that the following are the
maximum input lengths for the char string arguments of SP_connect()?

spread_name    80 (hard-coded value in libspread/sp.c:552)
private_name     MAX_PRIVATE_NAME (#define'ed in include/sp.h)
private_group     MAX_GROUP_NAME (#define'ed in include/sp.h)

Mainly, I want to make sure I understand the restrictions on the first
argument correctly.  If that is indeed the case, could that be
#define'ed as well, and moved into a header file?

Thank you,
Matt