[Spread-users] Re: Parser error on valid (?) config file

Matt Garman matthew.garman at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 09:42:29 EDT 2006

I can now duplicate the problem described below with a near-pristine
sample.spread.conf:

    - Change the port from 4803 to 7500
    - Uncomment the DebugFlags and EventPriority lines
    - Run spread -c sample.spread.conf and receive the following error:

Parser error on or before line 49
Error type; syntax error
Offending token: {

Interesting enough, the EventPriority line is actually line 50, and
line 49 is a blank line.

I re-built my spread daemon from source, just to be sure... same problem.

I'm running on CentOS 4.3, spread 4.0rc2.  Compiler is:

gcc (GCC) 3.4.5 20051201 (Red Hat 3.4.5-2)

I'll try to duplicate this on my home Linux box.

Matt