[Spread-users] Spread on OpenVMS (DEC) Alpha?

Norm Petterson njp at njp.us
Wed Oct 11 11:50:53 EDT 2006

Hello all,

I'm looking into porting Spread to run under OpenVMS on a set of legacy
DEC/Compaq/HP Alphas to integrate with existing Linux and Windows boxes as a
general replacement for DECMessageQueue. Since OpenVMS doesn't support
autotools AFAICT, compiling and linking look to be pretty tedious.

Has anybody on the list attempted to run Spread under OpenVMS?  I am
concerned that there might be some show-stopper that I'd rather know about
sooner than later!

Thanks for any feedback,

Norm Petterson