[Spread-users] TCP or UDP, spread-to-spread, spread-to-client, TCP_NODELAY

Jonathan Stanton jonathan at cnds.jhu.edu
Tue Nov 28 18:30:33 EST 2006

Daemon-Daemon uses UDP
Daemon-Client uses Unix Sockets or TCP sockets

Since TCP_NODELAY is a TCP specific socket option, it doesn't apply to unix domain
sockets. I don't think anything like NAGLE would be used on a local connection
like unix sockets are.

The very simple 'r.c' and 's.c' (compiled into spsend and sprecv by using "make
spsend and make sprecv) that are included in the spread source can be used for UDP
packet debugging. General purpose tools like netperf are also useful.

Jonathan

Jonathan R. Stanton         jonathan at cs.jhu.edu
Dept. of Computer Science