[Spread-users] spread abort after Deliver_packet: sequence error

Jonathan Stanton jonathan at cnds.jhu.edu
Tue Nov 14 04:31:50 EST 2006

This error is a "must not occur" situation, which is why Spread kills itself with a
fatal error message. So at some level it is definitely a Spread bug.

There are two main sources for this type of error:

1) a memory corruption problem, so the value stored in the field is corrupt.
2) a protocol bug where the spread code has a logic error.

Besides having high amounts of UDP traffic (I assume the extra traffic is not
going to the Spread port numbers) is there anything else interesting about your
setup?

Did you notice any other messages in teh Spread log that appeared unusual or
occured in the last few seconds before the crash?

Does the crash occur often? If so how often?

Thanks,

Jonathan

Jonathan R. Stanton         jonathan at cs.jhu.edu
Dept. of Computer Science