[Spread-users] Bug in Spread for Windows?

Jonathan Stanton jonathan at cnds.jhu.edu
Tue Nov 14 04:00:26 EST 2006

Hello,

I have not seen this problem before and we do use windows occasionally, so it
should work.

In your spread.conf file, did you configure any specific interfaces for the hosts
in your Spread_segment? Or did you just list one IP for each machine? (The reason
I ask is that if you specify specific interfaces, that causes the binds to be done
differently)

Are you sure that broadcast packets normally work on your machine (you can ping the
broadcast address for your network and get replies from many other machines)? You
can also replace the broadcast address in spread.conf with an IP multicast address
and try that. Let us know if that works while broadcast doesn't.

If you can also let us know exactly what version of windows you are using and how
you built spread (or where you got the binaries)

Thanks,

Jonathan

Jonathan R. Stanton         jonathan at cs.jhu.edu
Dept. of Computer Science