[Spread-users] max length of char* inputs to SP_connect?

Jonathan Stanton jonathan at cnds.jhu.edu
Tue Nov 14 02:56:51 EST 2006

You are correct about private_name and private_group.

spread_name has really depended on the length of a host name, so I have changed the
library code to define the size of spread_name explictly in terms of
MAXHOSTNAMELEN. This change will be in 3.17.4 and 4.0.

I did not place it in a header file as it is not something spread should change --
it depends on your systems host name size.

Jonathan R. Stanton         jonathan at cs.jhu.edu
Dept. of Computer Science