[Spread-users] mod_log_spread2 on Ubuntu Dapper

tyko brown tyko at inbox.com
Wed May 10 09:54:24 EDT 2006


I'm having some trouble getting mod_log_spread2 to work on Ubuntu Dapper. I'm almost there, but not quite :)

It looks like a compilation problem.
Here's what I did.

1. Downloaded spread-bin-3.17.3.tar.gz and mod-log-spread2.tar.bz2
2. Uncompressed them.
3. Made a spread include directory, and a spread library directory:
 mkdir /usr/local/include/spread
 mkdir /usr/local/lib/spread
4. Copied the library files to the right place
 cp spread-bin-3.17.3/linux/*.a /usr/local/lib/spread/
5. Copied the includes to the right place
 cp spread-bin-3.17.3/include/* /usr/local/include/spread/
6. Installed the apache and apr packages
 apt-get install apache2 libapr1.0-dev apache2-prefork-dev

Now I tried to build:

 $ cd mod_log_spread2/
 $ make
 mod_log_spread.c:234:16: error: sp.h: No such file or directory

So I edit the Makefile, changing
 $(APXS) -Wc,-Wall (etc.)
 $(APXS) -I /usr/local/include/spread/ -Wc,-Wall (etc.)

It gets further, but now I get:
 /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -ltspread

The full output (yikes!) is:

/usr/bin/libtool --silent --mode=compile gcc -prefer-pic -pipe -I/usr/include/xmltok -I/usr/include/openssl -Wall -g -O2 -DAP_HAVE_DESIGNATED_INITIALIZER -DLINUX=2 -D_REENTRANT -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -D_SVID_SOURCE -D_GNU_SOURCE -pipe -I/usr/include/xmltok -I/usr/include/openssl -Wall -g -O2 -pthread -I/usr/include/apache2  -I/usr/include/apr-0   -I/usr/include/apr-0 -I/usr/include -Wall -Werror -g -DDEBUG -DMOD_LOG_SPREAD_VERSION=\"mod_log_spread/\" -I/usr/local/include/spread/  -c -o mod_log_spread.lo mod_log_spread.c && touch mod_log_spread.slo
/usr/bin/libtool --silent --mode=link gcc -o mod_log_spread.la  -ltspread -rpath /usr/lib/apache2/modules -module -avoid-version    mod_log_spread.lo
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -ltspread
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
apxs:Error: Command failed with rc=65536
make: *** [mod_log_spread.o] Error 1

So that looked worrying. I tried to use the libtool from libapr1.0-dev, after some coaxing (I had to add the --tag=CC option), it will at least compile. Unfortunately the module will not load, giving the error "undefined symbol: SP_connect"

Hopefully someone can help :) I'm out of my depth here :/

More information about the Spread-users mailing list