[Spread-users] minimal configuration isn't?

Kim Barrett kab at irobot.com
Tue May 2 00:34:25 EDT 2006

At 10:43 PM -0400 5/1/06, Matthew Gillen wrote:
>  > Is there something I'm doing wrong, something messed up in my
>>  configuration, or are the comments for the minimal localhost
>>  configuration wrong?
>
>Try giving '-n localhost' on the command line to the spread daemon.

Thanks, that worked.

But I would have never figured that out from the documentation I've
found so far. The man page says -n forces the daemon to be identified
by the specified *process* name. What does that have to do with
host names? Not that I know what else the use of "process name" here
might mean either.