[Spread-users] Another Newbie question

John Lane Schultz jschultz at spreadconcepts.com
Wed Jul 12 11:55:42 EDT 2006

Eduardo Ferro Aldama wrote:
> When I multicast a message how can I confirm that all the receivers have
> actualy receive and process the message? is this possible?

In Spread the only way to truly know that all the receivers have processed a
message is for each of them to eventually explicitly send a message ACK'ing that
they have done so.

Spread also has SAFE delivery, which gives a related but weaker guarantee.  If a
SAFE message is delivered before a transitional signal in a membership view,
then all the members of that view will deliver that message unless they crash.
If a SAFE message is delivered after a transitional signal in a membership view,
then all the members of the transitional set of the first following membership
view will deliver that message unless they crash.

Cheers!

--
John Schultz
Spread Concepts LLC