[Spread-users] Newbie Questions

John Robinson jr at vertica.com
Tue Jul 11 13:09:17 EDT 2006

Hi Eduardo,

You are really talking about designing a distributed transaction
processing sytstem.  I might suggest for starters that you read Gray
and Reuter, "Transaction Procesing: Concepts and Techniques".  I
expect you'll find that you want a proper DBMS running on each system
(server and POS) that can handle distributed two-phase commit.

/jr
---