[Spread-users] Personal window parameter

Stanisław Trytek tryteks at pit.edu.pl
Mon Jul 10 08:20:03 EDT 2006

I noticed that personal window parameter is not always properly controled
during sending packets.
For example, simple test,
I set personal window = 2 and I sent burst of 10 packets (1000 Bytes
each). Having observed debug I noticed that daemons sent packets in such
sequence:
3 packets per token  + 3 packet per token + 3 packets token +1 packet per
token.

The issue is in the following function:

static	int	Send_new_packets( int num_allowed )
{
	num_sent = 0;
         while( num_sent < num_allowed )
         {

#if 1
                 ret = Net_queue_bcast( &Send_pack );
#else
                 ret = Net_bcast( &Send_pack );
#endif

		if( ret > 0 )
		{
			num_sent++;
		}

         }
	ret = Net_flush_bcast();
	if( ret > 0 )
	{
		num_sent++;
	}
	return ( num_sent );
}

Let's assume that num_allowed=2
First calling of the Net_queue_bcast function returns 0 so the
Net_queue_bcast will be called 3 times.
Looking at the source code I claim that changing this behaviour is not
easy.

Were there made any attempts to improve that? Is it possible at all?

Stanislaw Trytek