[Spread-users] How to install Spead on MAC

John Lane Schultz jschultz at spreadconcepts.com
Mon Jul 3 11:46:37 EDT 2006

Ian Eiloart wrote:

> --On 2 July 2006 22:24:08 +0800 Ta Ti <liiinace at gmail.com> wrote:
 >
>> 3,when I type "make arch-linux" (as users_guide.pdf told) into Terminal
>> console, there is an error "make: *** No rule to make target
>> `arch-linux'.
>> Stop." What should I do?
>
> sudo -s
> ./configure
> make
> make install

The sudo -s is only necessary if you want to install the software for all users
on the system.  I don't know where things get installed system wide for OSX.  If
you are only a regular user, then forget the sudo command and simply run
configure like this:

./configure --prefix="base-install-path"

where "base-install-path" is the directory into which you want to install
everything; for example, "/home/jschultz/spread"

That should work for the source distribution.

Good luck!

--
John Schultz
Spread Concepts LLC