[Spread-users] flow control

Cristina Nita-Rotaru crisn at cerias.purdue.edu
Tue Jan 31 19:55:03 EST 2006

We use Spread in a local area network for an
application that is relatively bandwidth intensive
in a many-to-many setting. However we noticed
a huge delay in delivery of the packets (up
to 94 seconds sometimes). We are sending about
20-30 Mbits/sec. All communication is FIFO. Platform
is Windows, configuration is IP Multicast. In general
the servers recover after a while and packets are
delivered within acceptable delays, then again some
big delay is noticeable.

Did anybody else experience this issue?
We suspect that this may be related with the
way Spread implements flow control.

We have several questions:

1) What is the difference between the
Window and Personal_Window variables