[Spread-users] Re: Using spread in secure group communication

John Schultz jschultz at spreadconcepts.com
Thu Feb 16 12:53:07 EST 2006

Adam Lamar wrote:

> John,
>
> Thank you for your quick reply. Due to your hint on the broadcast
> address, I was able to resolve the problem in the config file. It was
> due to the fact that the broadcast address on the spread segment was
> still at 127.0.0.255, instead of the 1.2.1.255 value it should be for
> our test network.

Great!

> We will look forward to the new version of Spread! Will there be any
> significant changes in the API? In other words, would you recommend we
> hold off coding with Spread's current API for a short time?

There will not be major changes in the client API.  There will be some minor changes in the way network membership messages present their VS sets.  However the differences should be minimal and easily changed to handle the barely different interface.

Cheers!

---
John Schultz
Spread Concepts LLC