[Spread-users] flow control

Mike Perik mikep at foxriver.com
Wed Feb 1 09:22:36 EST 2006

This is only my opinion others may disagree.

There have been several discussion concerning this problem.  I saw the same
problem.  I personally believe it is an issue with how flow control is
handle, in particular, how the token is handled or passed.  There is a ring
leader and if there is a pause in data transmission the leader holds onto the
token of a specific amount of time before sending it around again.  There is
a way for another machine to request the token but I don't believe it works
as it is has been designed to work.

If you search the mailing list archive for my name you will find how I dealt
with it.  In the end, we did not use Spread.

Mike Perik