[Spread-users] Three members, one group, different group IDs

Alec H. Peterson ahp at omniti.com
Thu Aug 24 10:45:07 EDT 2006

Hi all,

I have an application that uses Spread AGREED messaging.  There are
three members of this test group.  When one of the members' spread
daemon's is killed and immediately restarted, the gid[1] fields
differ by 1, and do not ever appear to rationalize.  I found this
thread (which interestingly was started by Theo a year ago, with whom
I work) and in it Yair suggests a fix:

http://commedia.cnds.jhu.edu/pipermail/spread-users/2005-April/
002478.html

However, I implemented that fix and it didn't change the behavior.  I
am running this in Spread 3.17.3 (I think Yair's patch was in 3.17.2
but it seemed OK in 3.17.3).  It's worth noting that I don't think
that initialization is necessary as the new() call uses calloc()
which initializes its memory...

Any thoughts on how I can keep the GID fields synchronized?

Thanks,

Alec