[Spread-users] Re: Re: Multicast help

Mark Snelling mark at bakedbeans.com
Thu Apr 13 07:42:29 EDT 2006

In answer to your questions, all daemons are using Windows XP SP2. I've
successfully got it working on our networks broadcast address. It seems to
work with that multicast address if there are no other nodes specified in
the segment. ie simply

Spread_Segment 239.0.1.3 {

      wcc014 192.168.147.54
}

Thanks,
Mark.

"Ryan Caudy" <rcaudy at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:e46e06eb0604130325x22ed7053s47dce01bb91c157e at mail.gmail.com...
To the best of my knowledge, this problems is a new one.

It sounds to me like there may be a windows-specific bug or
incompatibility.  Can you fill in a bit more information about which
versions of Windows you're using?

The multicast address you're using appears valid, but can you try with
a different multicast address or with the correct broadcast address
for your network, to see if it's still a problem?

Cheers,
Ryan