[Spread-users] Starting spread daemon during computer reboot

Sheetal Agarwal sheetal2 at cs.umbc.edu
Mon Oct 31 11:50:14 EST 2005

Hi,

I am building an application that uses spread for communication.One of
the requirements of the application is that it should start
automatically when ever the computer reboots.
The application is being developed on Fedora Core 4. To fulfill this
requirement I have put the command to start the application in
/etc/rc.d/rc.local file. The application starts the spread daemon and
then connects to it. However when we start the spread daemon during
computer reboot, the daemon quits immediately and the application
cannot connect to it. I have set the default user/group for the spread
daemon as "root" in the spread configuration file. After the computer
has restarted completely, giving the same command starts the
application without any problem. Has anyone encountered this issue
before?

Thanks
Sheetal