[Spread-users] Problems with connection timeouts ...

Hans-Juergen Schoenig familiar at cybertec.at
Sat May 14 03:57:46 EDT 2005

I have been using Spread for some weeks now.
My problem is that we have extemely long living sessions but hardly traffic.
I can easily happen that a Spread session stays open for some time
without receiving or sending data.
The traffic distributed by Spread is more or less random (as far as
timing is concerned).

My problem is that Spread closes the connection after some time. This
will make my application do a nice little core dump.
How can I make sure that connections stay open forever or until they are
shut down properly? Is there some sort of timeout parameter?

    best regards,

       hans