[Spread-users] Spread Questions: Asynchronous/Receive with

Yuval Lifshitz yuvalif at yahoo.com
Sun May 8 03:45:39 EDT 2005

Hi,

1) I think, asynch communication is when you don't have to wait for the message to be actually sent before you go on with your business - in that sense spread is asynch.

2) Its a good idea to add a TO, meanwhile you can use the "private group" to send yourself a massage in order to release the blocking receive.

Yuval.

Hi,

I'm pretty new to Spread, so please bear with me if my questions are
very basic:

1) Does Spread support asynchronous communications? I ran the sample
program flooder.c with -wo and -ro flags. It seems like that messages
are disappeared if messages are sent by a sender while a receiver is not
running.
2) Is it possible that a SP_receive() call can wake up after a timeout?

Thank you for your help.

Grant Li
CSG Systems, Inc.