[Spread-users] Spread Questions: Asynchronous/Receive with timeout

Ryan Caudy rcaudy at gmail.com
Sat May 7 16:06:16 EDT 2005

Hi,

Answer 1:
I'm not certain I understand what you mean by asynchronous, in this case.
Spread tries to provide various semantics on top of asynchronous networks.
It doesn't support persistence, so if there is no receiver for a message
when it is ready to be delivered, it will not be delivered to anyone.

Answer 2:
Not that I know of, but it wouldn't be hard to implement. Since an mbox is a
socket, you could use select or poll to accomplish this.

Cheers,
Ryan