[Spread-users] join error?

Ryan Caudy rcaudy at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 19:10:05 EST 2005

This isn't a bug.  SP_join doesn't involve two-way communication with
the daemon -- it only does some basic validation, and then sends the
request over the mailbox (socket).  If you kill the daemon, the socket
doesn't necessarily register that's the other endpoint is missing
immediately.  Only when the call to send() returns a failure code does
SP_join detect that the daemon is missing.

Cheers,
Ryan