[Spread-users] Communication between daemons

Sheetal Agarwal sheetal2 at cs.umbc.edu
Wed Jun 29 17:23:06 EDT 2005

Hi

I am a new user of the spread toolkit. I am developing an  application
that uses spread for messaging. I am trying to test the communication
between two programs running to two different machines. These machines
are not on the same subnet. I have configured the spread.conf as
follows.

Spread_Segment 130.85.168.255:4803 {
         machine1 130.85.168.104				//static ip address
}

Spread_Segment 130.85.93.255:4803 {
         machine2 130.85.93.29				// DHCP address
}

When i run the spread daemons on both the machines, i am not being able
to send messages between the applications that are communicating
between the daemons.

Is there some other configuration setting that we need to do?

Thanks
Sheetal