[Spread-users] Corrupted messages

Sheetal Agarwal sheetal2 at cs.umbc.edu
Tue Jun 21 21:56:47 EDT 2005

Hi

I am using the function  "regularMessageReceived(SpreadMessage msg)"
from the AdvancedMessageListener class, to receive messages.All
messages exchanged in my application are XML messages. When the
application receives a large number of messages in a short period of
time, after a few seconds the messages received by the
regularMessageReceived  are garbled. Therefor when I parse the xml
message received to extract the desired fields, I get invalid xml
document exceptions.

Here is a sample of two consecutive messages received where the second
message is garbled.

Message 1:
Received Message of type:NodeStatusUpd
Updated file
/Users/Sheetal/eclipse/workspace/TraumaPod/RMSEmulator/
response2756138892.tmp
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<NodeStatusUpd xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
subsys><currentState>Idle</currentState><currentOperation>NodeStateUpd:
Sending Node
Status,NodeStateChangedEvt</currentOperation><uptime>3881</
uptime><numAlarms>0</numAlarms></status></NodeStatusUpd>

Message 2:
Received Message of type: NodeStateChangedEvt
Updated file
/Users/Sheetal/eclipse/workspace/TraumaPod/RMSEmulator/
response2756138925.tmp
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<NodeStateChangedEvt
subsys><currentState>Idle</currentState><currentOperation>Waiting for
messages</currentOperation></NodeStateChangedEvt>881</
uptime><numAlarms>0</numAlarms></status></NodeStatusUpd>

The trailing part of the second message is the part of the first
message. The application is written in Java.

Has anyone seen this problem before?

Thanks
Sheetal