[Spread-users] Questions about using Spread for local communications

Takashi Yamamoto takashi_949 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 13 06:50:31 EDT 2005

Hi,

I am building a system that consists of several applications, all being
managed by an Aplication manager. Nothing special so far. The thing is that
I want to be able to be able to have the choice of having all the
applications running on one machine, or distributing the applications
accross different machines.

In the first scenario, where all applications are running on a single
machine, I don't want any traffic going out onto the network - since all the
group members are local, in other words, the communication degenrates in
this instance into a local IPC. Is there anyway I can prevent spread from
flooding the local network with messages, when all the applications are
running on a local machine?

I hope this can be done, and I look forward to any suggestions/feedback.

Many thanks

Takeshi