[Spread-users] Java NegetiveArraySizeException

Pradyumna Sampath pradysam at yahoo.co.in
Fri Jun 3 06:52:35 EDT 2005

Hi,

I have been using spread for quite some time now and
there seems to be a problem. Our setup is something
like this.

_____________      ____________       ____________
|  Spread   |      |  Spread   |      |  Spread   |
|JavaClient |----->|  Daemon   |----->|  'C'      |
-------------      ------------       -------------

Data travels both ways but mostly the C Client can be
considered the sender(publisher) and the JavaClient
the subscriber (in terms of volume of data). Problems
encountered with the C Applications are few and far
between and one problem that is recurring and
something I cannot figure a way around is on the Java
side.However this does not happen immediately but
sometime after operation.There stack trace is here:

java.lang.NegativeArraySizeException
  at
spread.SpreadConnection.internal_receive(SpreadConnection.java:1195)
  at
spread.SpreadConnection.access$200(SpreadConnection.java:70)
  at
spread.SpreadConnection$Listener.run(SpreadConnection.java:1663)

Thanks in advance,
Prady

Visit me at http://rtns.org/prady/
Mail : pradysam (at) yahoo (dot) co.in