[Spread-users] Spread Connection refused

Sheetal Agarwal sheetal2 at cs.umbc.edu
Thu Aug 18 15:17:44 EDT 2005

Hi

I have an application using spread which I want to be able to start
automatically when a computer restarts.
By modifying the spread.conf file I have enabled the root user to have
the priviledge to start the spread daemon.
To start the application automatically I put a command to start the
application in /etc/rc.d/rc.local file on my server.
When the computer reboots it fails to start my application because my
application is not able to connect to the spread daemon.
Has anyone experienced such a problem before?

Thanks
Sheetal