[Spread-users] Sending to self via private group

Luke secureboot at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 15:03:39 EDT 2005

I've got a spread application that needs to send a message to itself via
the private group name it belongs to.

However, I've verified that the private spread address this machine
belongs to (as reported by spread) is the same as the address I send the
message to, but no message is delivered, or at least, the spread file
descriptor is never activated.

Messages to the public group are delivered fine, and private messages
delivered to other machines are also fine, but private messages to the
same machine fail.  Is there any way to change this behavior?  No flags
are given to SP_multicast service type (certainly not the one that lets
you ignore messages from self).

--
Luke
secureboot at gmail.com