[Spread-users] Dynamic Network?

Howard, Les les.howard at cybertrust.com
Tue Apr 5 10:58:53 EDT 2005

I am new to spread, so this may not work or be impractical.

I would like to separate spread nodes into 2 classes: dynamic and static.  The static nodes are pretty much just exactly what spread nodes are are today.  Dynamic nodes, when they come up connect to one of the static nodes and announce their presence.  Spread then propagates this info throughout all of the existing nodes.  This way you could start with a small core of statically configured spread nodes, and adding/removing new nodes would become easy and outageless.

Les