[Spread-users] premature death

Jonathan Stanton jonathan at cnds.jhu.edu
Fri Apr 1 09:43:39 EST 2005

Hi,

If you are printing ALL debug flags you will get a LOT of prints --
almost all of which are normal and don't indicate a problem. The IP
access control one you list is actually always printed when you have ALL
prints enabled and does not indicate a problem (if it can't find the
config file it just ignores it and does not use IP access controls) The
print is there to warn you that it didn't find the file if you are
trying to use them.

The more important problem is why it is crashing on you. Can you send
the last 50 lines or so of the output to the log file after it crashes?
I don't see how the IP message is the reason it crashed so there should
be something else in the log. It might also be helpful to see the end of
the log file when you comment out the "DebugFlags" line in the config
file so it only prints the usual output (because even then any fatal
crash should cause a print of why it crashed).

Your config file looks fine otherwise.

Cheers

Jonathan

Jonathan R. Stanton         jonathan at cs.jhu.edu