[Spread-users] newbie (installing spread)

Joarez Bürger Schmitt lestat at inf.furb.br
Mon Sep 27 21:28:29 EDT 2004

Hello, my name's Joarez, I'm from Brazil and I'm trying to use Spread in my bachelor
degree's project. I'm using Borland Builder 6.0 and had problems trying to compile
a single test i made using spread. In the line with the command SP_connect it says:

[Linker Error] Unresolved external '_SP_connect' referenced from .......\UNIT1.OBJ.

What I have done:

1) Copied the 2 .lib files into the folder libs of Borland.
2) Copied the 2 .h files into the folder includes.
3) Copied the 2 .lib and .h files into my project's folder.
4) Inserted the line "#includes <sp.h>" in the source of my project.
5) Created the access and config files of spread into my project folder.

How you can see, I'm not a expert in C++ (I used to program in Delphi).
Can someone help me? If someone has any single source where I can
see how to use Spread, surelly will be very useful!

Thanks a lot!
Joarez Bürger Schmitt